Sunday, July 15, 2012

True Picture of Our Great Leader 'Quaid-e-Azam'

A lot has been written on Quaid-e-Azam and his life but his spiritual dimension is suppressed in his political life. I would give a reference of one of Quaid-e-Azam's letters. Amir-e-Millat Peer Jama'at Ali Shah r.a had sent a unique written script "Holy Qur'an", a prayer mat from Madina, a Tasbeeh, Zamzam water and a few more things to Quaid-e-Azam (r.a). Having received these things, Quaid-e-Azam (r.a) wrote in reply:

"As long as prayers of such elders like you are with me,  I am to be successful in my mission already. And I promise you, no matter how many hardships I am to face, I would not give up my ambition.. You have gifted me with the Holy Qur'an because I am a leader of the Muslims. Unless and until, I may not have proper knowledge and understanding of this Holy Book, how can I be able to lead the Muslim nation? I promise you that I will study the Holy Qur'an. I have got the English translation with me, I am in search of a good scholar who can guide me well in this regard. You have gifted me a Prayer mat because when I will not listen to my Creator The Almighty, why would my people listen to me? I promise you, I will offer prayers regularly. You have presented me a Tasbeeh so that I would recite Durud Shareef on it. A person who doesn't seek Prophet Muhammed s.a.w's Faiz (blessing), how would Allah Almighty's blessings be showered upon him? I would also obey this insh'Allah."

When this letter of the Quaid was read by Peer Jama'at Ali Shah (r.a.), he became amused and said, "I am sitting in Hyderabad while Jinnah is in Mumbai, how did he get to know about my heart although I didn't even mention before him. Indeed Jinnah is a 'Wali Ullah' (A pious saint of Allah)."

This is a glimpse of the founder of the nation! Listen to Abdur Rasheed Butler:
"When Quaid-e-Azam (r.a) arrived at the Governor House 2'o clock at night, I offered him a cup of coffee. At the same time, Sardar Abdur Rab Nishtar had been in the governor house to meet Quaid-e-Azam. He got done with his meeting at around 2:30 am and then left. As he left, the security men called me because I was the last government personnal to go to Quaid's room. The Security men asked me, "Did you see anyone right now? Because someone's foot step voice can be heard from the room where Quaid-e-Azam (r.a) had stayed. This voice is coming in a rhythm, stops and then again starts in the same way." Since the area of Sarhad wasn't much safe, so the Security officials got concerned about Quaid-e-Azam's security, but they could not dare to knock at the door. So I was assigned to go and check the situation from a window all silently. As I looked into the window, I saw Quaid-e-Azam (r.a) walking on the floor. This concerned me and I looked into the window deeper to know the reason. The foot step sound was created as Quaid walked on the wooden floor. As he stopped, he would keep his elbows on the wood stove, read something from the above kept book and started walking again. He cried as he walked.

I went and informed the Security men, on hearing this, they told me, "Baba Quaid has got an English translation copy of the Holy Qur'aan with him." On hearing this, I understood that Baba Quaid would read 2-3 verses, then would read their translation. Then he would start walking in the room, as he walked, he concentrated on the verses that he had read, having understood their meaning, his eyes began to shed tears. Quaid-e-Azam's sepoy Muneer Ahmed said, "This is baba Quaid's routine. He reads Qur'aan with translation in solitude and then cry for hours."  And amazingly how people have spread misconfusions about the founding father of this nation!

Quaid-e-Azam's ex ADC Mohiudeen shed some light on Baba's Tahajjud time:
This incident is of 1939 when Quaid-e-Azam was staying at Mr. Sherwani's house. Around 3 am, a loud sound came from Mr. Jinnah's room. I was in the next room, hearing this, I hurriedly rushed to Quaid-e-Azam's room. I saw Quaid-e-Azam standing in the prayer and a broken water bottle was lying on the floor beside him. Actually Quaid-e-Azam was all so lost in the prayer that when he got up during prayer, his hand hit the bottle and it came down on the floor and broke into pieces. [3]
All his life Quaid-e-Azam had a strong desire to go for pilgrimage and offer Hajj and always craved to be at the Rauza Paak (resting place) of Prophet Muhammed s.a.ww. When he decided to go to pay homage at the Haramain Shareefain, Peer Jam'aat Ali Shah r.a. congratulated Quaid and wrote in a letter:
"Now it's your duty to leave all other tasks aside and fufill your promise and bow before Allah ta'ala and pay homage before Rasool s.a.ww at Darbaar-e-Medina and show gratitude for the success of Muslim league."
Quaid-e-Azam r.a wrote in reply:
"Thanks a lot for the 7th July letter. You know that the rapidly changing situation of Hindustan may not allow me to leave the place."

After the establishment of Pakistan, Quaid-e-Azam's speech at the event of Eid Milad-un-Nabi s.a.ww is of captivating importance:
"Today we are here in the form of an 'inferior gathering' trying to pay homage to that greatest man in the entire humanity (Prophet Muhammed s.a.ww) whose love, respect and reverence are filled in the hearts of Millions of humans.. The greatest personality on whose name, big intellectuals and other big personalities are bound to bow their heads. I can by no mean, pay homage and reverence to such a great personality of Prophet Muhammed (s.a.ww)."
Quaid-e-Azam on Eid Prayer
Quaid-e-Azam truly wanted to implent the Islamic Shariah Law in this sacred land and truly wanted to see a glimpse of the era of our forefathers, the Khulfa-e-Rashidoon (the 4 Caliphs).

Let's ponder over an excerpt of Quaid-e-Azam r.a's speech:
"All that I have served the Muslims and this land Pakistan.. have served it as a personal soldier and servant of Islam. Now, to make Pakistan a great nation and a developed country on the earth, you all have to put your efforts with me. I Strongly long and wish to see Pakistan emerging as an Islamic state so that once again the world can see the beautiful picture of Hazrat Umar Farooq's golden era.. May Allah the Almighty fulfill this wish of mine!"
Quaid-e-Azam (r.a)'s ancestors had embraced Islam at the hands of a Qadri saint Hazrat Syed Abdur Razzaq Gilani who was a descendant from Ghaus-ul-Azam Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jilani (r.a)'s children. When Quaid-e-Azam started working for the Muslims of the subcontinent, the men of Allah (saints) guided Quaid-e-Azam both physically and spritually.  I would like to quote an excerpt here:
"Third personality whom Quaid-e-Azam (r.a) admired a lot, was Hazrat Ghazi Sahab. Apparently he was a trader and an activist of All India Muslim League but internally he was an Abdaal (a grade in Sufism) and he was sent from Darbaar-e-Baghdad for Quaid-e-Azam r.a's spiritual upbringing."

Quaid-e-Azam had always safeguarded the rights of the Muslims and observed the laws of Islam. Despite severe pressure from the biased British and the hostile Hindu, neither did  Quaid-e-Azam ever give up nor did he ever sell out his honor and dignity!


Once Mother of the Nation, Madam Fatima Jinnah (r.a) was quoted as saying:
"Fundamentally a child has to be attached with his religion. His love to his religion from his childhood would never let him go astray. Quaid-e-Azam's opponents always accused him of being fond of Western culture. They used to get wrong assumptions from Quaid's nature of well dressing and his command over fluent English language. But a very few know, that Quaid-e-Azam was a true Muslim believer and he had great love for Islam. That is why, Hindu couldn't buy him and British couldn't alter his views."

[1] Muhammed Sadiq Qasoori (Tehreek-e-Pakistan and Mashaikh-e-Azzam)
[2] Daily Nawa-e-waqt, Rawalpindi (25 December 1947)
[3] 'Quaid-e-Azam ka Mazhar aur Aqeeda' by Abdur Rehman Khan
[4] 'Islam aur Quaid-e-Azam' by Muhammed Hanif Shahid
[5] Orally by Abdur Rehman Khan
[6] 'Fatima Jinnah k shab-o-roz by Surayya Khursheed

Written by Xharaf Vsm
Pakistan Cyber Force

1 comment: